2005-09-18

I Hate Shampoo Commercials

They make me sick. Even my mom says so. I think these shampoo commercials are 'over-advertised.' I mean, every single commercial break on every single TV show that I watch, there's always at least one... no, at least two shampoo commercials showing these pretty women swishing and swashing their long black hair, singing silly songs. And these songs have rhythms that are patterned after some popular song. They're all trying to say the same thing: it'll protect your hair, keep it soft, shiny black, et cetera, et cetera... Aaaarrrgghhhh!!! It's just too overwhelming, just like what a cliché sounds like.

Anyway, I'd like to state another good reason why I haven't been to the blog world for a long while now. I've been, and I'm still, reading this Sandman by Neil Gaiman. I never really was interested in comics, even though the movies that I've watched even when I was just a kid were originally taken from comic books (mostly DC comics). Yeah, I think you already know what these are. Anyhow, this Sandman... it's pretty cool. The author incorporates concepts from different kinds of literature. One of them is mythology - one of the things that I've always wanted to study. Even those short stories were fascinating, I myself was astonished at the imaginative mind of Mr. Gaiman. It's only a pity though that I came to know of him and his work after he had already visited Manila and done some autograph signings, etc.

Well, time to continue my 'Sandman' sessions, hehe. Hope to see you soon, my blog. And uhm, hope I could continue your makeover mission, so at least you could look presentable to the visitors. Heehee ;P

No comments: