2008-08-11

D-uh!

Yesterday I tried out this PayPerPost thing that one of my former officemates has in his blog. Upon reading one of Rod's posts that says the stuff is real and he has already earned $, I decided to give it a try. Actually, I've been seeing this PayPerPost for a long time already on some blogs while I'm blog-hopping. What really pushed me to click on it was because of my mild OCD (if there's such a 'mild' thing).

You see, I have this OCD sort that I myself have diagnosed. I'm kidding, ok? Well, some articles I've read way back told me so. Anyway, now I'm working on 'cleaning' my music files to be synced with my iPod. By cleaning, I mean that my music files has to be all of these:
  • Filename should have this format: Artist - Title.mp3/wav

  • Correct album title, artist, song title, and album artwork

  • No year, comment, and track no. information

  • +40% volume adjustment level

My OCD-ness before was actually only on item no. 1. Had Eugene (an officemate) not told me about stuff he does to his music files, it would not have added the other 3 items to my misery. So to satisfy this expanded OCD-ness, I searched for software that will make my life easier in performing the said file modifications. Unfortunately, the best ones are only free for 30 days. Buying the license will cost me around 20 bucks. Now going back to Rod's post, he stated there that he earned the same amount. Ooohhh. Instead of dedicating most of my computing time in editing the files just to make full use of the 30-day trial, why not: (1) Try the PayPerPost, (2) Earn $20, (3) Buy the license, (4) Get to edit the files wherever and whenever I want to (or, whenever my OCD strikes again). Sounds simple, eh?

In the end - er, not really, I'm not yet even on step 4 - I got this reply from PayPerPost:

... Unfortunately, as per our terms of service, submitted blogs must have at least 10 original, non-sponsored, quality written posts in the past 30 days in order to be accepted to our Marketplace...

which leaves me stucked at step 1 and wondering where the hell did my blog fail. If my posts were all original, non-sponsored, then it only leaves me with two presumptions: (1) The 'quality' issue - oh well, nothing I can do about this, that's why I chose engineering for a profession for chrissakes; (2) 10 posts in the past 30 days - highly possible since as of this writing, there are only 2 posts since July 11. D-uh! (there goes the post's title). Lemme make 10 then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda leery of PPP.

As for your music OC-ness. Please try MediaMonkey. That's the software I'm using and it's free!

renvill said...

Bakit? Ano nalaman mo about PPP?

Tnx nga pala sa MediaMonkey. I have yet to try it, but I dl'd it already.