2008-08-21

1.00 sparse fifo

  • Got through the most dreaded stuff for me to do in an APE today. No. Not the blood thingy, or needles thingy. Something you'd want to give right away to the nurse. Something that's placed inside a small covered cup you'd either wrap with tissue a dozen times, or keep in a bigger container (plastic or paper bag). Ewww.

  • Despite having finally passed that sample, I still felt gloomy at work. Saw the sun today after its no-show yesterday due to the typhoon *ahem* 'karen', but it didn't help either. God how I'd give anything just to be somewhere else. I don't know where my life's heading. Must be the 'small' signs I've been seeing/hearing at work. People around me seem to be getting somewhere. Or at least they're happy with themselves. I'm getting nowhere. I'm pathetic.

  • The Tennis Masters Cup on November will be held in Shanghai - for the last time. Next year they're moving it to London. One of my college kadas told me she knows a place where we can stay for free. You guessed it. She's chinese, of course. Checked how much the round trip airline tickets will cost, but not the event tickets yet. Affordable... So far. I'm gonna do all my best to convince Tin & Teddy.

fifo empty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we assume that some people are indeed making it,havin a life, being more successful and happy than we are. But could we really be able to get in their shoes and say they are like that? Maybe somewhere, deep within, they too, are hiding something, and behind that smile and success, a soul is reaching out and wanting to take off the mask he or she wears and just be loved for who they are

Anonymous said...

Have you ever felt those times when the cross you’re carrying seems heavier than it should be? Much heavier than you can bear? Much heavier than the crosses other people are carrying? In fact, why carry your heavier cross?

Oftentimes, when people start asking these questions, the only response they get is something like one of these:
“God works in mysterious ways.”
“Stop that! You’re doubting God’s wisdom.”
“See? There is really no God who guides His people. Either He isn’t real, or He isn’t really good.”

I would not be content with those answers though. There must be some answers more satisfying than those and the results of my reflection are in my article entitled WHY CARRY YOUR HEAVIER CROSS, a post I have previously titled WHY IS MY CROSS HEAVIER?


http://itakeoffthemask.com/spirituality/why-carry-your-heavier-cross/